Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 6, Issue 176

To: spamiam@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 6, Issue 176
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 17:28:04 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 10:21 AM, <spamiam@comcast.net> wrote:

> To protect the environment you might use a catch tank but
> another solution is to use a longer vertical length on the road draft tube
> so
> that less oil remains suspended in the air as it exits the road draft tube.

Adding the road draft sounds good but I would be wary of changing its
design by making it, in effect, longer.

I recall hearing a tale of a junior engineer modifying the road draft tube
on one of the factory cars (I think he was trying to clear some sort of
undershield that had been installed).  At speed the longer tube neatly
sucked the oil out of the crankcase.

The engine, presumably, was toast.  The engineer, presumably, found a job
selling shoes at Harrods.

Geo

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive