Re: [TR] questions for the list

To: "John Summers" <rivers2hills@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] questions for the list
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 11:01:04 -0500
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
I would say that you have a brake booster problem - that is the cause of the new noise and the apparent "hardness" of the brakes. I am not familiar enough with the TR6 to say whether that might be related to the starting problem, but I suppose that the vacuum hose to the booster COULD be broken and COULD be sucking air into the manifold which COULD cause the mixture to be too lean (hence the need for starting fluif). But, that is all guesswork. Brake boosters weren't considered necessary on my 3A! But I would definitely start looking for simple fixes around the brake booster, such as a broken or loose vacuum line.

Mike

Then yesterday a new sound popped up. When I apply the foot brake there is the sound of air escaping over top of my feet. The car still stops but there is a noticeable "hardness" to the brake pedal. Something is going on here. I've had the car since 1998. My 25th wedding anniversary gift that keeps on
giving.  Or as I like to describe it "my midlife crisis car, only I didn't
know the car would BE the crisis well into my 60's". I'm starting to lust
after used Nissans or Toyota's.  Stop me before I do something RATIONAL!!
John
Summers
Jacksonville, Fl.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **