[TR] questions for the list

Subject: [TR] questions for the list
From: mmarr at notwires.com (Michael Marr)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 11:01:04 -0500
I would say that you have a brake booster problem - that is the cause of the
new noise and the apparent "hardness" of the brakes.  I am not familiar
enough with the TR6 to say whether that might be related to the starting
problem, but I suppose that the vacuum hose to the booster COULD be broken
and COULD be sucking air into the manifold which COULD cause the mixture to
be too lean (hence the need for starting fluif).  But, that is all
guesswork.  Brake boosters weren't considered necessary on my 3A!  But I
would definitely start looking for simple fixes around the brake booster,
such as a broken or loose vacuum line.

Mike