Re: [TR] Girling rear brakes

To: Larry Daniels <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>, Spridgets
Subject: Re: [TR] Girling rear brakes
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:27:21 -0800
> Wow, my car is 27093 and it has 10" rear brakes,

The rear brakes changed to 10" during TR2 production, and then went back to
9" around TS56377.  TS39781LO came to me with 9" rear brakes, but I'm pretty
sure it had had the entire rear end changed with one from a later car.

> Last time I needed the shoes lined I took them to a truck repair shop
> and they relined them for me for a very reasonable price.
> The shoes were glued on so there no rivets, which I think made the job
> easier.

My FLAPS can have the job done as well.  But last time, I had Ted S. reline
them with "Kevlar" material that supposedly performs better at high
temperatures.

> I couldn't find a source for new shoes or drums.

They were NLA for a long time; but both Moss & TRF seem to have them now.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive