Re: [TR] TR3 B posts

To: Andrew Uprichard <auprichard@uprichard.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 B posts
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:58:01 -0700
Our local club does what we refer to as Revival Meetings.  So far 2 TR4s
and 2 MGAs including this one that had sat for 30+ years:

http://youtu.be/y0cLnCdetxg

We just get them running for (as you say) the rush -- then depart before
the real work begins.  Not overly helpful but it does tend to inspire the
owners to get on with the restoration.
The ones that have sat for decades are usually less of a problem than ones
that have sat for just a few years with modern gas in them the last time
they ran.  The latter can get so gummed up (valves & carbs) that you'd
think the engine's seized.

Geo

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html