[TR] TR2 tool+jack strap

To: "triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [TR] TR2 tool+jack strap
From: John Gillis <JGILLIS@tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 09:27:07 +0000
Anorak one here, I purchased the spare wheel and tool strap kit from Moss, it
is a Motor Heritage item and comes complete with leather straps, brackets and
screws, nuts and washers. The screws were the wrong thread for the captive
nuts, OK I can live with that, and I sorted some out from my own stock. But I
am a bit confused as to how the whole system works. Looking at photos in
various books where illustrated; the tool straps appear to attached at both
ends by the "loop" type bracket, whereas my car had the flatter bracket which
locks the strap in place on the side wall and the loop type on the floor. The
second and more confusing aspect is the strap itself, which in my kit is a
single length of leather, somewhat like a belt, with the buckle and the bit
with the holes on the one piece. From what I can make out by images of
restored TR,s it is two pieces similar to the spare wheel strap. I am
struggling to work out how this system works?
Regards
John

John Gillis
(Senior Conservator)
Library Conservation TCD
Electronic mail to, from or within College may be the subject of a request
under the Freedom of Information Act

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive