Re: [TR] Recommendation for an impact wrench

To: "'Sujit Roy'" <triumphstag@gmail.com>, "'Triumphs'"
Subject: Re: [TR] Recommendation for an impact wrench
From: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <aljlthomson@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 08:50:58 -0500
I bought an IR 223 (1/2") and a 251 (3/4") 25 years ago. Both made in Japan.
The 223 still works okay but the 251 died two months ago with some parts no
longer available. I did replace the 251 with a Harbor Freight unit but I
know it won't last as long. I can see myself going back to a traditional
name when the HF unit dies. All the maximum torque ratings you see are
laughable - it's like seeing an ad for a 1 HP grinder that "develops" 2.5 HP
yet only draws 5 amps. Check out your local NAPA or other similar type of
store - they may have specials on trade grade air tools including brand
names.

Alex Thomson