Re: [TR] Fred Thomas Decal

To: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer.lists@blakedischer.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Fred Thomas Decal
From: John Macartney <macartney.john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 23:20:35 +0000 (GMT)
Glake Discher wrote:

Fred did love the VTR and it was he in fact who made the presentation on Jo=
hn =

Macartney's behalf to the board that VTR jump in as one of the early suppor=
ters =

of John's charity drive across the US and Canada in a Stag.=A0 =

Blake, just for the record (as I understand things) and I stand accused if =
seen =

to be splitting hairs, but ....

Fred made the presentation to the VTR board on his behalf - and not mine. F=
red =

and I had several very long trans-Atlantic calls in 2006/2007 - all at Fred=
's =

cost and discussing the options open to me to devise the Charity Drive. It =
was =

he who *asked* me if I minded if he could approach VTR? At no time did I ev=
er =

ask or suggest he did that and I was very touched and supremely grateful to=
 him =

by that offer and his later action. Be in no doubt, many of the things that=
 took =

place during the summer of 2009 came from Fred's very fertile mind and his =

continuing support, even though I knew=A0that he was starting to be=A0far f=
rom well. =

Fred played an enormous and very welcome part in the very early planning st=
ages =

of that event and I will never forget his contribution.

John Macartney

      =

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html