Re: [TR] '3a Alternator conversion...

To: "Andrew Mace" <zoboherald@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] '3a Alternator conversion...
From: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 22:07:56 -0400
I am sooo, not liking my email client this week  ;-( I am resending the
message that got blanked

Andy

No, not really a lot of stuff, didn't even have the radio installed yet :-)  I
am currently running the 25amp gen and at night I run Lucas PL's and after not
too long the power starts to dwindle, which is dangerous for the taillights
especially :-) .  Also, I still have a stock starter that takes a lot out of
the battery if a number of stops are required.  There were a couple of times I
had to call CAA for a boost, and that was fun trying to explain a +ve earth
car to the kid :-P

It was completely rebuilt when I put the car together in '02 so there would be
less than 10K kms on it.  I do want to add a radio.  So are you saying I
should have no issues :-)

David