Re: [TR] Repairing Cloisonne badge

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Repairing Cloisonne badge
From: "Lee Daniels" <lee@automate-it.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 14:21:49 -0500
There's a place called Allan Heywood Enamels that does cloisonne repair,
including "auto badge" repairs. But... he's in Australia. See here:
  http://heywoodenamels.com/

The examples on his site look very nice.

> My TR6's grill badge needs repair. A fair bit of the enamel has come away,
> although the rest of the badge (chrome etc) is in very good shape. Has anybody
> had good luck filling in with some readily available substance? Epoxy etc?
> POR+topcoat?
>
> Somehow I suspect that I should avoid scraping out the entire badge and then
> getting black glass powder and firing in a kiln...

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive