Re: [TR] TR4 rear pinion seal replacement

To: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 rear pinion seal replacement
From: Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 11:23:43 -0400
Geo,

Your question made me look closer at the diagram in Moss's catalog.
Page 48 item 4.  It doesn't look like it has a cap to it which
surprises me.  All the ones I've seen on other brands of vehicles had
a sheet metal cap that basically wobbled around but kept dirt and
moisture out.

The picture makes it look like there is no cap over the nipple.

Now I'm confused.

Anyone know if there is supposed to be a cap over the breather nipple
on the diff?

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/2/10, Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...Turns out its missing its cap...
>
> There's supposed to be a cap?  What does it look like?  Thanks.
>
> Geo

Triumphs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47