Re: [TR] TR3 Voltage Regulator/generator

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Voltage Regulator/generator
From: Allen Hess <allenhess@mgcarclub.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:18:00 -0500
> The C40 (23 amp) generator has a step in the outer body, making it
> larger
> over the field coils than the C39 (19 amp) version.  The body of
> the C39 is
> straight.  The model number (C39 or C40) should also be stamped on
> the unit
> somewhere, but I'm not sure where offhand.

Just checked my spare, if you have a TR3/4 it is on the top when
viewed on the engine. It reads:
LUCAS
22700 0 12V  [preceded by a graphic that looks like a Y in a circle]
C40 46 70
[an arrow for direction of rotation]
Made In England

So this is now on my Spring to do list; to swap it for the one in the
car which is the older version.

Allen
63 TR4

Suggested annual donation  $11.47