Re: [TR] TR4 Slave Cylinder Stay Rod

Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Slave Cylinder Stay Rod
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:37:56 -0700
> Is it safe to operate the car
> without the rod or am I risking some sort of catastrophic failure if I
> don't replace it?

Most likely it will be OK.  However without that brace, there is a lot of
bending force applied to the transmission flange; and I have seen one that
was broken that way.  Personally I would find or make a replacement for the
brace.

A little blacksmithing with a propane torch & BFH should be able to produce
an adequate substitute from a length of hardware store threaded rod; if you
can't source one otherwise.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net