Re: [TR] TR4 wiring ignition

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 wiring ignition
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 08:59:07 -0700
> OK, first I need to buy a battery (what size?).

I'll let someone else field that one.  For my TR3 project, I just bought the
cheapest top terminal battery at Wally World; which seems to work just fine
but was so small I had to shorten the hold-down clamps.  Of course it may
not be up to the job in cold weather, but I don't expect that to be a
problem for me.

> OK , I need to buy one of these (headlight switch) as mine is missing.

Hmm. Any chance the 'extra' brown/blue is the one to the headlight switch?
I would not have thought it would run back into the harness for such a short
distance; but I'm just going by the documentation I have, don't have an
actual TR4 to check.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net