[TR] TR3A Switch Knobs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A Switch Knobs
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 23:01:13 +0000 (UTC)
I have the original switches in my TR3A.B  Issue I have is the way the
original knobs were attached to the switches by this kind of spring thingie.

Heh heh....B  Bet I have the List engineers tingling on THAT term, eh!!!!!

Anyway, you know what I mean (I hope).

So...during the restoration several years ago, the old switches' spring knob
holders were shot, so I drilled completely through the new replacement knobs,
tapped the holes in the switch shafts, and installed dinky inset allen screws
to hold the knobs onto the switches.

Worked fine until I pulled the control panel out again this winter, and had to
literally smash the knobs to get them off.

What would be a betterB long term solution?B  I'm thinking replacement knobs
with built in inset screws to clamp onto the shaft.B  Anybody know where to
source these?B  ...Or, is there a way to replace those spring thingies that go
on the shaft?

Hopelessly inadequate as an engineer,

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire