Re: [TR] Gas tank pads -TR2/3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Gas tank pads -TR2/3
From: Tom Deutsch <tdskip@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 19:58:50 -0700 (PDT)
Wouldn't a non-absorbent material be best?

(not taking issue with the info your provided Angelo)

------------------------

Angelo,
The Triumph Parts book describes them as Felt, but they do feel a bit
heavier than that.  Moss sells the four pieces, 2-strap and 2-under-tank for
$17.45, part number is 849-320.  TRF only show to carry one of the
under-tank pieces.

As the book calls out two under tank pads, 107561 & 107562, I would say that
you need one under each level.

As a follow up question, has anyone found a suitable, or superior,
substitute material for these from a convenient local source?   I was think
that I might use cork when I get to the tank installation point of my
project.

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO