Re: [TR] Leaf Spring Front Attachment Pins

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Leaf Spring Front Attachment Pins
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:54:06 EDT
--===============0745923617==

-------------------------------1236714846

In a message dated 3/10/2009 11:18:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tr3driver@ca.rr.com writes:

I've  also been told by a ex-dealer mechanic that they used to just cut a
hole in  the bodywork so they could pound on the outer end of the pin.
Afterwards,  they just stuck a chromed plug in the hole and left it that way!

--  Randall

When you remove the "slipper shaped" portion of the gravel shield, and
drilla hole abutinthe center of that, you can use a fairly large diameter
punch
(it has to be large so as not to expand the bottom of the bolt) and strike  it
with a sledge hammer. I think I even use a piece of 2x10 with a hole drilled
in it to protect the body should I miss.

I did not weld up the hole, and I did not use a plug. The slipper piece
covers it  up just fine.
Mike Moore
59TR3A

-------------------------------1236714846

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16809" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 3/10/2009 11:18:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,=20
tr3driver@ca.rr.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid"><=
FONT=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=
=3D2>I've=20
  also been told by a ex-dealer mechanic that they used to just cut a<BR>hol=
e in=20
  the bodywork so they could pound on the outer end of the pin.<BR>Afterward=
s,=20
  they just stuck a chromed plug in the hole and left it that way!<BR><BR>--=
=20
  Randall<BR></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>When you remove the "slipper shaped" portion of the gravel shield, and=20
drilla hole abutinthe center of that, you can use a fairly large diameter&nb=
sp;=20
punch (it has to be large so as not to expand the bottom of the bolt) and st=
rike=20
it with a sledge hammer. I think I even use a piece of 2x10 with a hole dril=
led=20
in it to protect the body should I miss.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I did not weld up the hole, and I did not use a plug. The slipper piece=
=20
covers it&nbsp; up just fine.</DIV>
<DIV>Mike Moore </DIV>
<DIV>59TR3A</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>