Re: [TR] Triumphest/VTR info

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphest/VTR info
From: dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 08:14:05 -0500
 As Darrell pointed out, chrome plated parts, when not offered from the factory
or by the dealer, constitute a point deduct.? I stand corrected.? That is why
he is the Chief Judge and I am a the flunkie.? But some cars were offered with
chrome valve covers.? TR3's for example.? So a TR3 sporting a chrome valve
cover is perfectly fine.

The bottom line is we don't judge your car based on how "IT" was delivered but
how a representative car of that series could have been delivered? from the
dealer.? So if you repaint your Apple Green TR3 a different color offered on
TR3's, no problem.? And it doesn't have to be lacquer paint either.? Enamel is
fine.? Base coat/clear coat is fine.? Powder coat is fine.? Just don't paint it
Metal Flake Fluorescent Orange.

Dave

?

I'm confused.  Is there some rationale as to why the body must be a color
offered by the factory (when dealers were known to respray them); but engine
parts can have a finish never offered by the factory?