Re: [TR] TR3A springs

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A springs
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 23:50:06 +0000 (UTC)
Just a point of clarification.B  I was about to dubiously dub Randall with the
title ofB Honorary English Major for using "sophistry" correctly, for the
issue wasn't about being argumentative as much as posing an argument of words
without substance, which is rather in a nutshell what sophistry is.B  All that
business of droop versus sag is, for we laymen, pure semantics as long as the
context was clear and it pretty much was.

Now, why am I making this ludicrous point?B  ...Because I simply couldn't
resist being sophisticB about the word sophistry.B

Hah!B  Having spread evil upon the world, the demon slinks back into the
dungeon to sleep proudly and soundly amidst the wounds and wreckage of his
day....

Terry Smith, '59 Tr3A

New Hampshire

B >But as far as myB interpreting "Droop" as Droop is in no way "sophistic" or
argumentative.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net