Re: [TR] TR4 Spin On Oil Filter

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Spin On Oil Filter
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:11:36 -0600
Randall, if you're convinced Fram is a great filter, then I don't know if
this will mean anything to you.  These are from the first page I got when I
Googled "oil filter test comparison".  There are pages and pages of links to
tests.  I got tired of looking.

http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterstudy/oilfilters.html
http://www.corolland.com/oil-filters.html
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080/oilfiltertech.html
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=15753949
This is a video with several filters dissected - Fram is next to last.

Some of the tenst mentioned a Fram X2 or Fram Toughguard as being OK,
simultaneously mentioning reservations about other Fram filters.

I've seen this same sort of comment for many years.  I used to work for
Allied Signal, Fram's parent, and used Frams myself till I began reading
tests.  Then I cut some apart myself, and I've never bought one of those
orange boxes again.

Karl.