[TR] Proper oil for TR4 Gearbox

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Proper oil for TR4 Gearbox
From: <pbrandsema@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:09:19 -0500
I'm currently using heavy hypoid oil in my TR4 gearbox, which is fitted with
overdrive.  I've read that a lighter oil should be used, that the syncromesh
gears don't like the heavy stuff.  However, I've been running this oil for a
number of years, and the gearbox shows no signs of problems.  Is this a case of
"if it's not broke, don't fix it"?  What are recommendations of proper
viscosity.  I don't have the workshop manual in front of me, but I'll bet it
calls for the heavy oil.

Thanks,
Paul

http://www.vtr.org