Re: [TR] OD Relay 1973 TR6

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] OD Relay 1973 TR6
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:33:27 EST
Guys,

According to the one Bill Piggott book I have, Triumph began using the "J"
Type OD with commission numbers CFxxxxxxx in 1973 but I agree with Randall that
 who knows what the factory may have done with the early '73 cars perhaps
even  carrying over OD relays for the "J" types.  This car definitely has a "J"

type OD so I'm going to treat it as a non-OD relay car and see how the wiring,
 routing, etc. plays out.  As far as my '76 "Starter" relay is concerned,
Dan Masters book calls it a Bulb Test relay and it's operation is as Randall
says actuated by the "start" function but it's not at all connected with
energizing the starter solenoid or starting the car.

chip

In a message dated 2/1/2009 11:04:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,