Re: [TR] OD Relay 1973 TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] OD Relay 1973 TR6
From: Chad <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 18:32:01 -0800 (PST)
Chip-

There is no OD relay on the '73 TR6 OD circuit unless you decide to put
one in.

Your '76 has a horn relay and a starter relay....not a bulb test
relay.

Chad in Tulsa.
Message: 1
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 15:19:20 EST
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Subject: [TR] OD Relay 1973 TR6
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi all,

I'm helping an older gent gradually bring a 1973 TR6 that he
inherited from
a friend back to life.  He's done a nice job with the chassis
and body tub
and is starting to tackle new wiring harnesses, etc.

Today, he
realized that he doesn't know where the OD relay should be
mounted.  I'm
thinking that it should go under the horn relay (next to the  fuse box)
but
we're not really sure.  My 76 TR6 has a horn relay and bulb  test relay
next
to the fuse box which raises a question in my mind..."If I had  overdrive,
where would my OD relay be mounted?"  I seem to recall that  TR4's had OD
relays mounted in the passenger side footwell behind the  glovebox???

Thanks,
Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http
://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62%26bcd=De
cemailfooterNO62)

Message: 2
That's right Chip. The two relays share the
screws and bracket.

Jim Bauder

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net