Re: [TR] Keeping cool in a TR3

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Keeping cool in a TR3
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 20:37:09 -0700
> So, how do you keep the "silt" to a minimum? What causes it?
> Can it be reduced? Eliminated?

I believe it's mostly flakes of rust from inside the engine block, tho some
of it might be from using tap water (if you do).  Best way to control it IMO
is to change coolant every 2 years (or 5 if you use a product like
No-Rosion), whether you drive the car or not.  At each change, open the
drain valve and flush the water jacket thoroughly.

I've seen products that amount to a filter screen to go in a radiator hose,
but never tried them myself.  Eg,
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/sctefba.html

Randall

http://www.vtr.org