[TR] brake hose replacement

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] brake hose replacement
From: goh56agan@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:22:36 +0000
List,
Thanks to all who helped with advice on my steering column bushings.  I now
have
another question about my 1962? TR4.  The replacement brake hoses (Moss part
582-018) I bought have tapered fittings at the ends while the originals are
straight threaded at the ends.  Did I get the wrong hoses?  I called the
technical help line at Moss and asked if the other brake hose set they have are
"straight threaded" but he didn't know.  I always have a time ordering parts
for
my car because the PO's changed a bunch of stuff, and I'm not sure what's
original.  Does anyone know if Moss part 582-028 is the correct one for my car?
BTW I finally was able to get the bushings replaced on my steering column.  It
took a bigger BFH.  Also the  pulleys have been replaced with the 1/2" sizes
which required a new water pump. The fan and extension hub are gone. So now I'm
trying to figure out about an electic fan and alternator.
Thanks,
Gary O

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net