[TR] TR6 Broken Shock Stem

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumph Email List"
Subject: [TR] TR6 Broken Shock Stem
From: "Marty Clark" <marty.tr6@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 11:59:40 -0700
I have managed to break off the top of the stem on my passenger side front
shock of my 74 TR6. I got the locking nut off and have the bottom nut just
past where the locking nut was when the top on the stem broke off flush with
the bolt. So now the top portion of the shock just spins when turn the nut.
The driver side is done. I kept spraying Kroil as I progressed hoping to
help the progress of removing the bolt but to no avail. I have loosened the
4 lower nuts and they were easier than the top bolts. Is my only solution to
cut the top of the shock off below the bolt?

Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ
1974 TR6 CF17352U
http://www.triumphowners.com/798