Re: [TR] TR4 steering column inner bushings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 steering column inner bushings
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:20:00 EDT
Phil,
Yeah, horn bleeping could be worn steering shaft bushings.. The slop would
let your steering wheel sag around a little and the inner collar backside of
steering wheel can then touch the horn's brass contact ring inside upper hub.
Back in the day I popped the wheel off and slipped a homemade nylon washer in
place (carved out of a spray can cap) to block the contacting problem - worked
about a decade (and easier than changing worn column bushes!).
Regards,
Carl

plateSince i repaired the ground path on my TR4 steering column, the horn
works.
Of course now it beeps by itself now and again.  Common bushing problem, or
something else?
Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for
fuel-efficient used cars.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net