Re: [TR] GT6 engine still seized - Bob Kinderlehrer gets the prize

To: "Jerrold Le Tourneau" <jerrold.letourneau@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] GT6 engine still seized - Bob Kinderlehrer gets the prize
From: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 20:13:06 -0700
Sounds to me like the starter engaged and jammed the flywheel.  Further
attempts to use the starter caused it to spin as the 'clutch" (that rubber
dingus) slipped.

TR3 starters do this sometimes, as I recall the owner's manual even explains
the procedure for freeing the jammed starter (put in 4th and rock
backwards... must be backwards).

As Joe noted, the bench test suggests the starter is okay so I would
reinstall and see if the problem recurs (after inspecting the flywheel).

Geo