[TR] Adjusting the TR3 rear brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Adjusting the TR3 rear brakes
From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:43:03 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Hi folks,

I hate to impose such a simple request but I cannot find my Haynes manual
anywhere.  I must have spent the last 2 hours looking for the damn thing - even
the good wife joined in - she even knows what it looks like.

The problem is that the handbrake doesn't stop the car moving.  I'm thinking I
have to first adjust the back brakes, individually, so the wheels spin freely
but are locked solid with foot brake applied. Then take up any slack in the
handbrake cable.  Have I got got that right?

I've done this before but CRS.

Cheers,  Adrian  TS 58325

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net