[TR] Stator tube olive question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Stator tube olive question
From: "Andy" <Andy.dixon@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:40:17 -0500
Im in the process of rebuilding the steering box. One of those things that
started with replacing the draught excluder and continued until everything
connected, including the dash, got removed.

Anyway, I put the steering box olive in a safe place while the steering box
went to the machine shop to get the drop arm removed, and it was such a safe
place I cant find it. Will a regular compression band work, or is there
something special about the olive. I noticed that it never compresses enough
to really grip the stator tube, but that could be the compression nut.

I dont mind paying the buck ninety nine for the olive, its the $5.99 in
shipping.

TIA

Andy

5:44 PM