Re: [TR] Hood Buldge

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Hood Buldge
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:53:21 -0800
> Since I could see the indentation of the buldge from the
> underneath, I don't
> believe it was spot welded.

A very common sort of mod for engine swaps that don't quite fit.  Used to be
you could even buy the 'bulge' sections molded from fiberglass, maybe you
still can ?

Anyway, typical installation was to cut a hole in the original hood the size
& shape of the bulge, then insert the new section from below and pop-rivet
it into place.  These days I suppose body adhesive would work better.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

http://www.team.net/donate.html

Triumphs@autox.team.net