Re: [TR] Gearbox oil

To: popnglo@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Gearbox oil
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:16:51 -0400
On Thursday 21 June 2007 12:13 pm, popnglo@aol.com wrote:
> What may be the recommended oil to use for a newly refurbished gearbox
> (non-OD). I believe in the past I have been using a 30 weight of either
> synthetic or regular, but I can't recall.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ed (58 TR3A)
Ed,

The GL4 (80/90w) is recommended although some listeners use Redline synthetic
gear oil which is of the same weight I believe.

GL5 contains stuff that will cause problems with the brass components.

I use GL4 in both the transmission and rear-ends of both the 3 and 4.

Both with non-od transmissions.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org