[TR] RE: Peking to Paris help.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] RE: Peking to Paris help.
From: "Frank & Sandy Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 05:55:26 +0000
By the way, if no body has mentioned it (I'm on digest version, so a little
slow):  for those interested, Peking to Paris Motor Challenge is on the
100th anniversary of the original race (this is the third time it's been
done.)  See:

http://www.pekingparis.com/

Click on "The competitors" for the list of cars - quite a collection,
including various British cars, including #119, a '58 TR3!  Now I can not
imagine taking a TR3 on this race, as the ability to handle very rough roads
and have very high clearance is very important.

My friend is #8, Jan Vorboril in a 1916 Lancia, but his navigator quit about
five days into the race in China, so he is disqualified!  He is continuing
on though, and doing relatively well (until he hit a Mercedes in Russia.....
He is back again, still going with the group.)

Check out the the running reports

Frank
   (TS 55223L, '59 TR3)

===     http://www.vtr.org