Re: [TR] Just thinking....

To: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>, Triumphs
Subject: Re: [TR] Just thinking....
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:17:33 -0600
Mark,
Sorry to hear of your Father being in the hospital.  Could be tough
times ahead.  VTR is only 4 weeks.

Hum, working as an LBC wrench?  I hope you have your own facility and
are your own boss.

 I thought about going back on the line just for fun until a friend of
mine went to work at a Jaguar dealership in California.  He said the
young punks ran circles around him on flat rate (actually he said the
line work kicked his butt - right Michael??)), so he went to Land Rover
performance and off road parts sales in his own business.

Indy is 636 miles from Valley Forge, over 3/4 of your mileage from LDS
land.

Screw the rental car.  Now I bet if you post enough requests, you may be
able to catch a ride from Indy to VTR.  We will probably be passing
through Indy on Sunday, and if I don't have the back seat of the Stag
full of stuff, you are welcome to it.  I'll put the luggage rack on for
your bag, and you can man the cooler and the computer.  If you are
lucky, the wife will swap seats with you every so often.
We will most likely have the hard top on to help the AC and keep us from
baking to well done because if it is anything like the last three trips
east, it will be hot as heck.

We are tentatively planning our stop in Dayton for Sunday night, but
that may change to Monday, and arrive at VTR on Tuesday.  I prefer
getting to VTR a day early, relax from the drive, for watch all the
other Triumphs arrive

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)

===     http://www.vtr.org