Re: [TR] OT? Garage floor coatings

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <70tr6@mindspring.com>, "6pack"
Subject: Re: [TR] OT? Garage floor coatings
From: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:34:05 -0700
I got a commercially applied coating, guaranteed to not lift (e.g. hot
tires).  The tires do satin the floor a bit where they sit... I think the
rubber may gas-out something that causes this.

This was on new-contruction concrete (aged about 6 months but never dripped
on when coating applied).

One thing to consider if going this route -- they usually use sand in these
coatings to give some grip when walking on the floor.  I had them forego the
sand inside the garage as I was going to be lying on the floor a lot and
could see endning up with skinned elbows.

Now this is in a dry climate so you may feel differently about walking
traction in wet weather.

Geo