RE: [TR] Brake M/C Blues!

To: "'Bob Danielson'" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>, "'Triumphs'"
Subject: RE: [TR] Brake M/C Blues!
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:21:49 -0700
> About 4 - 6 weeks ago I had my Brake M/C fail and empty it's
> contents in the engine bay. I bought a brand new one, factory
> sealed in the baggie and box and installed it. Everything
> seemed fine except I'm now seeing some wetness on the servo
> below where the M/C bolts to the servo. There's no gasket
> that goes between the M/C and the servo so what does this
> wetness mean? A bad M/C? A bad Servo? I somehow installed it
> wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

WHen the first MC failed, it filled the servo with fluif.  Unless it's DOT
5, you'd best get it out of there quick as it will ruin the servo.

It's probably best to take the servo off and pour it out, but I vacuumed
mine out using one of those cheap air-powered vacuum pumps from HF, a liquid
trap made out of a quart canning jar, and a length of brass tubing (hobby
shop) for the pickup.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org