[TR] Re: TRF TR6 trunk trim kit- how do you install this???

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Re: TRF TR6 trunk trim kit- how do you install this???
From: dkspence@telus.net
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:03:08 -0600
I have a trunk trim kit from TRF that is a bit of a puzzle. The
pictures on plate GD of the TRF parts book vol 2 are helpful but in
looking at the panels the "fold lines" seem to have been embossed on
the wrong side of the panel. ie, they are creased on the back side
and "proud" on the "good" side or the patterned side that would face
into the trunk cavity.  The illustration indicates that all folds a
re made towards the "good" side. This makes it very difficult to fold
as you must compress the excess "proud" material and stretch the
creased bit.

  Did I get panels that were made incorrectly or what???

Aside from that the side holes in the tank panel do not align with
the body mounting points (both sides).

  Please reply by pmail as I am on digest.
  Thanks for any insight.

===     http://www.vtr.org