Re: [TR] TR6: sheared off clutch fork pin

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs List),StagByTriumph@tscusa.org
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6: sheared off clutch fork pin
From: spamiam@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:30:10 +0000
>Triumph manual transmissions had bronze carriers.  I completely forgot
>that, the last TR4 I had apart was in 1972!  This changed I think with
>the 67 IRS when it went to steel.

Glenn,

I had my original TR4A transmission off a few years ago.  It had (and still
has) a bronze bearing carrier.  I was going to use a steel replacement, but I
did not like the fit.

The bronze carrier has the lip indented to prevent spinning of the carrier.  I
think this was done because, unlike earlier cars, the clutch is "self
adjusting" and remains in contact with the fingers on the clutch pressure
plate, similar to the TR6.

-Tony

===     http://www.vtr.org