RE: [TR] Coil wiring

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Coil wiring
From: ray@raysmg.com
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 11:24:51 -0700
I wrote last week about having removed a home grown adaptation of a
small Holley fuel injection unit from my TR3 and returning it to stock
SU carbs; I also replaced the fuel pump with one of the appropriate
rating for the carbs. There was an 'extra' lead on the coil along with
the expected wire that connects to the low tension lead on  the
distributor. My question was 'to what should the extra wire be
attached?'

After returning from a short trip I took the advice of several listers
and removed the extra wire and discarded it. It was most lkely, as
Randall pointed out, an input to the black box that controlled the (now
removed) fuel injection unit.

NOW THE GOOD PART...the car runs GRAT. Oh, I've still got a little
tweaking to do to get the mixture right, but the change in performance
is amazing. The FI unit, even set as low as it would go, still pumped
too much a gas through and bgged the engine down. With the SUs, the low
end torque is remarkable!

Can you tell I'm happy? Thanks again to this great list,

Ray

Ray McCaleb
 ray@raysmg.com
 http://www.raysmg.com