[TR] TR3A door caps, etc, help needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3A door caps, etc, help needed
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:55:15 EST
This is a little premature for my project but a am plotting against all
impending problems.  Does anyone have a proven method for replacing the  vinyl
covering on the TR3A body cap that sits just behind the driver's  left shoulder
and the passenger's right shoulder? This is the one that rises up  in a sharp
curve right behind the door on both sides.  I have experimented  with a piece
of vinyl that was removed from the car by heating it up with a hair  dryer to
soften it but it just does not want to stretch that much.   Even if I was an
octopus I would still be short two or three hands to get this  to work.  I am
afraid that if I use contact adhesive to hold it in place as  I go the heat
will cause the adhesive to fail anyway.  I called VB as they  sell a "kit" for
this but they told me the vinyl was NOT preformed for the  pieces.
Help?

===     http://www.vtr.org