Re: [TR] TR6 Differential Bushings

To: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>, "'Triumph Email
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Differential Bushings
From: ghamilton99@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:58:14 +0000
Bob:

Sounds like me; I started out installing seat belt mounts that for some reason
did not exist on my TR250.  I had the rear wheels off to allow install of the
backing plates & decided to check my axle fittings, etc.  I had the rear of the
car up high on jack stands & the next morning had a puddle of hypoid under the
diff. Leaked from front pinion, so out came the rear.  Note, that is quite
heavy & awkward, my wife helped me drop it onto two 2x4's & ramped it down to
the floor.  wheel, I had one lower mount cracked.  The thin portion of the
steel that the stud passes through.  The DPO had poorly welded it & it did not
hold.  I am planning on sliding a very large shock bushing washer from my land
cruiser over the stud & welding it to the bottom of the lower mount.  Should
work just fine.

p.s. I also found a nice Ansa for the car & while the diff was out, am
replacing the f&r prop. shaft u joints, axles joint conditions still to be
determined.

By the way, replacing the front pinion seal is quite easy, I actually replaced
the stub axle seals while I was in there & am planning on installing a drain
plug in the diff.

--
Gary J. Hamilton

From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>