[TR] TR6 Differential Bushings

To: "'Triumph Email List'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 Differential Bushings
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 22:30:52 -0500
Ok.... as part of my shipwright disease as I go the TBI conversion, I've
removed the whole exhaust system. And for a 9 year old stock steel system it
looks real good! Anyway.... this gives me a good look at the diff and in
checking the diff bushings, I have one that is bent. Actually, either the
stud/bolt or the housing is bent. So my question is: is that a welded in
stud or a bolt that I can remove? I'd like to replace the bushings but if
it's a welded in stud I guess I'd have to drop the whole diff. Is that
correct? Any cautions?

Anyone recommend a particular bushing over another i.e. VB vs Moss vs TRF?

Thanks as always

Bob
Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 (TBI conversion in the works)