Re: [TR] Charging gremlins non LBC.

To: tswhitez123@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Charging gremlins non LBC.
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:05:33 EST
In a message dated 11/25/2006 7:57:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tswhitez123@hotmail.com writes:

Can a  875 CCA battery carry me for three hours of freeway  driving?

==AM==
I don't know if this is relevant or not, but....

In 1998, I was driving across Wisconsin in my '91 Ford Exploder on my  way to
the VTR Convention. At one point I began to notice really bizarre  behavior,
such as the engine dying when I'd flash my headlights to let a passing
vehicle into the lane ahead of me. It very quickly got to the point where I
couldn't even use turn signals without sapping what little was left of the
battery.

Once safely off the Interstate, I foolishly shut the car off...and it
wouldn't restart without a jump. After that, I was just able to limp a few
miles  to
the nearest Ford dealer, who was able to replace my very-heavy-duty (Towing
Package) alternator.

All was fine the rest of the way to the convention and back home to NY, but
a week later I did have to replace the original battery.

My conclusion: I'm not sure you will make it very far on battery alone. :-(

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org