Re: [TR] cleaning transmission grime off - most environmentally

To: ahwahnee@cybertrails.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] cleaning transmission grime off - most environmentally
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:08:16 EST
In a message dated 11/20/2006 5:25:49 PM Central Standard Time,
ahwahnee@cybertrails.com writes:
> For the first round I took it to a self-serve car wash, stood it on end
> on a couple of 2x4s and used engine cleaner and a wire brush then a high
> pressure wash.  Rinse, repeat.  Think I may have switched to carb
> cleaner or brake cleaner for round two.
>
> Can't comment on the environmental impact of this, but don't do it on a
> Saturday morning when the lines are long ... you will be very unpopular.

Fear not.  Since cleaning oil and such is common at these facilities many car
washes are incorporating water retainment, treatment and reclaiming into
their systems.  Spurred on, I'm sure, but local environmental regulations.

Better than doing it out in the street and letting it run off into the storm
sewer.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org