RE: [TR] Fw: Emmisions equipment removal

To: "Ed Conn" <edconn@cableone.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Fw: Emmisions equipment removal
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:32:15 -0800
> I have a '76 TR6 which has had all the emissions controls removed from the
> engine.  Since I live in Idaho, there doesn't seem to be much of a concern but
> it does cause the oil to leak around the valve cover and particularly arond
> the oil filler cap...presumably because of the pressure it builds up.  Does
> anyone have any ideas on how to stop this other than re-install the emission
> controls?

Should be a middle ground, IMO.  YOu need to arrange some sort of crankcase
breather, and it certainly wouldn't hurt to have at least some of the fumes
sucked back into the intake.

But just a hose from the rocker cover down near the ground would be better than
letting it blow out the seals.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org