RE: [TR] Re: SPAM on Triumph e-mail list, and Truimph

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: RE: [TR] Re: SPAM on Triumph e-mail list, and Truimph
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:10:52 -0500
Hi Randall:

I too think the list is good since it doesn't pass attachments. Unfortunately,
the spam that is getting to me is the wretched stock "tips" that are criminal
pump-and-dump schemes. They send images containing text via zombie computers
so the IP addresses are changing all the time too. No solution as of yet from
most of the anti-virus people other than restricting your input e-mails to
those from sources on your contact list. Somewhat isolating, but mostly
effective. Of course the public demise of the spammers as they are caught
might slow down the rest, but I doubt it.

Cheers,

Mark

===     http://www.vtr.org