[TR] Seal and Speedi Sleeve NAPA Part Numbers for TR Differentials

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Seal and Speedi Sleeve NAPA Part Numbers for TR Differentials
From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <jerryvv@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:36:32 -0500
This morning I was doing a little housekeeping and I came across a NAPA
Invoice with part numbers that I thought the lists might like to have.

These are for the IRS rear end pinion seal and Speedi Sleeve. I will assume
they are good for all of the TR series cars as I don't believe the seal ever
changed. TR 2 I don't know but it may apply.

Seal is 15207 and Speedi Sleeve is 99149. These are NAPA part numbers but may
interchange with other part houses numbers. Total cost was about $38.00 bucks
in 2004.

The Speedi Sleeve fits over the Flange diameter interface with the pinion
seal.

This simple fix cleared up a pesky leak that I had for too many years. As I
recall I needed to remove the IRS Differential to do the repair. You should be
able to do the repair on the car with solid axle cars.

Just a little info on a wet Ohio day.
JVV

===     http://www.vtr.org