RE: [TR] Best Coil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Best Coil
From: <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:13:49 -0500 (EST)
> The ignition will end up being my Lucas distributor converted
> by CustomEFIS
> to work with the GM ECM unit. I believe he uses a GM module in it.
> CustomEFIS likes the MSD 8202 unit but said "any" non
> ballasted coil will
> work fine. I'm just looking for recommendations/alternatives
> from folks.

Can't help with a coil selection but I can say that the Lucas CEI system has a
GM ignition module in the little box with the sticker that says "Do not open,
contains hazardous material".  My Spitfire had the CEI when I bought the car.
Don't recall what the coil is other than a Lucas somethingorother, but I can
check if you'd like.

Jim Muller

===     http://www.vtr.org