Re: [TR] Photos wanted (electronic)

To: cfmtr3a@verizon.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Photos wanted (electronic)
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:17:00 EST
A quick note on color.  Do you want the car to stand out on the road or do
you want it to stand out at a show against similar cars ?

For example Guards red it pretty much the standard for some Porsches, on the
road it stands out but at a show it just blends in.

If you want red, consider 70's "International Harvester farm tractor red"
this is a good darkish red with lots of black that goes well with chrome and
black trim.  I've got a Chevy pickup painted in that color.  I'd like to find a
blue with a similar personality for my other truck.

70's VW "Saturn Yellow" is very bright with a green tint.

70s VW orange that went well with black, darker than the chevy below.

70s Chevy " Tangerine" is a medium orange.

I mostly like solid non metallic colors that are strong enough to hold their
own without a shine as the shine tends to drown out the body shape.

Harold

===     http://www.vtr.org