[TR] A different sort of a brake master cylinder leak

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] A different sort of a brake master cylinder leak
From: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:05:29 -0800
I believe that the leak I have from my '74 TR6 brake master cylinder is
simply leaking where the reservoir attaches to the master cylinder because
the fluid is all the way up to the base of the reservoir.  What sort of
gasket material should be used for this or is it not smart to make a gasket?
If this is the case and I lower the fluid level enough to remove the
reservoir and replace the gasket without letting air into the cylinder, I
would think that I shouldn't need to bleed anything.  Thanks for any help,
Jim

name of winmail.dat]

===     http://www.vtr.org